Arlington Neighborhood Village (ANV) is a volunteer-driven non-profit organization, serving residents 55 and older in Arlington County, VA. ANV’s mission is to enable its members to continue living in their own homes as they age – safely, independently, and with an enhanced quality of life – by providing access to support services and social opportunities. For an annual fee, members have access to a variety of volunteer-provided services such as transportation and minor home-maintenance, as well as social, educational and wellness programs.
Summary: Under the supervision of the Member Services Director (MSD), the Member Services Specialist (MSS) engages with prospective members to discuss ANV services and benefits, helps to assess membership fit, coordinates the application process, provides the occasional new member intake and supports member engagement and member services. The Member Services Specialist is a part-time employee working up to 30 hours/week, through a combination of telework (phone, computer and email) and in-person (in the ANV Office) activity.
• Provide a warm and welcoming presence for prospective and current members
• Explain ANV mission, membership, benefits and services to prospective and current members
• Help members understand how to access ANV services, benefits and activities/events
• Listen and respond to prospective and new member interests, needs and concerns
• Provide information and referral
• Share print and digital files
• Refer challenging and/or unusual matters to MSD for resolution
• Keep MSD fully-informed on prospective member pipeline
• Increase member engagement
• Participate in weekly in-person meetings with MSD
• Participate in the Member Intake Committee (every other month)
• As needed, conduct member intake conversations
• Serve as back-up for frontline ANV Office administrative tasks
• Understand and use ANV’s information systems, including remotely
• Provide the occasional direct member service
• Experience with older adults
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
• Listening skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in use of a variety of office technologies, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Office management experience
• Experience with a non-profit / mission-driven organization
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with telework, including use of technologies such as Remote Desktop
Dependent upon experience, between $18/hour – $23/hour.
Adults of all ages and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. ANV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring the best person for the job based on qualifications and experience and do not discriminate based on age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to ExecDir@arlnvil.org .
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain posted until filled. The selected applicant will be asked to provide proof of vaccination status for COVID-19.
For more information about Arlington Neighborhood Village and its activities and programs, please visit our website www.ANVarlington.org.