As the year comes to a close, all of us at ANV are so proud of our accomplishments over the past year and the good work that we are doing to help older adults stay safe in their homes—all of which is only possible because of you—our village members, volunteers, donors, and friends.
- In 2022, ANV volunteers fulfilled 3,170 services and gave 8,900 hours of their time. Volunteers drove more than 33,000 miles at their own expense. We welcomed 77 new members and 96 new volunteers to our village.
- We increased the diversity of our village and are committed to growing a membership, volunteer corps, staff, and board that is inclusive and reflective of Arlington’s rich diversity.
- Our Discounted Membership Program grew to meet demand and now supports 34% of our membership
- We adopted a new Strategic Plan that will guide us through the next five years of growth.
- This new website launched!
- ANV was recognized with a 2022 Arlington Cares Distinguished County Service Award and a COVID Heroes award from Arlington County. We joined the Arlington Chamber of Commerce, and we were honored to be a finalist in the nonprofit category of the Chamber’s Best Business Awards.
- We expanded our offerings and launched new services, like one-on-one Tech Coaching and a pen pal program matching village members with 42 elementary students to help local kids improve their writing skills and create meaningful intergenerational connections.
- Thanks to friends and donors like you, we surpassed our Fall Fundraising goal of $40,000!
- ANV received its first Legacy Gift from Barbara Carr. Barbara was one of the first ANV members in 2014 and over seven years, many ANV volunteers supported and befriended her. In 2022, Barbara bestowed a generous gift to ANV through her estate. This gift is already helping us broaden our efforts and our plans for 2023. We are grateful to be able to honor Barbara’s memory through ANV‘s work.
It’s been quite a year, and we are excited for what’s to come. Thanks to your generosity and Barbara’s gift, ANV will make critical investments in the New Year to serve more older adults in Arlington. These include building staff capacity by hiring a Member Services Specialist, a Communications and Outreach Specialist, and a Program Support specialist — positions that will help ANV increase its reach, provide more services to our members and raise awareness of our work. We will invest in new office technologies to streamline and improve our operations.
We are so pleased to share these successes and plans with you. We hope you feel proud of what we have accomplished as a village and of what lies ahead.
Together, we are making it possible for older adults in Arlington, of all backgrounds and economic means, to age in place with the support of a vibrant, caring community.
For all of us at Arlington Neighborhood Village, we wish you a happy, healthy 2023!